Blog dedicated to giving our love, heart, prayers, time and resources to the Hays family.
$5.00 Suggested Donation per wristband

Friday, October 07, 2005

Stories with Ira

I wanted to post a few comments sent in with the pictures, so you can see the life Ira lives in those who love him.

My name is Brenda Tipton. I am Laura's cousin. This is a picture of my son Matt and myself with Ira's wristband. Matt is a Senior this year and plays football for Central Arkansas Christian, North Little Rock,AR. This picture was taken in Marriana, AR. Ira plays football every week in Arkansas.











I'm Lane Smith and I've been following Joe Hays blog about Ira since shortly after he was born. I ordered an "Ira bracelet" just shortly after they were announced and have been wearing mine since receiving it last Saturday, Sept. 10.
Sept. 10 is also the day that my son, Cory, came home from college and asked to be baptized. Cory was raised in the Church of Christ here in Temple, Texas, has attended Abilene Christian University for the last 3 years, been on numerous mission trips, attended several christian summer camps, and has always been an example of Jesus Christ but just never "took the plunge".
The picture shows me, Lane Smith, on the left (wearing the LIME GREEN Ira bracelet) and my son Cory Smith on the right (wearing the UNEMPLOYED t-shirt!)
When people ask me what my LIME GREEN bracelet represents I tell them that I'm a "prayer partner" for my friend Joe Hays baby, Ira. Actually I have never met Joe Hays but was referred to his blog and feel like he's super christian awesome cool dude as reflected by his emotional, honest, and straightforward tales of life in the ICU. I've been in his shoes and know he's doing an excellent job of coping in a terribly exhausting and emotional time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home