Blog dedicated to giving our love, heart, prayers, time and resources to the Hays family.
$5.00 Suggested Donation per wristband

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Texas in NYC

As you probably saw on Joe's blog, we went out for a little texas music fun Thursday night, 11/17. It was just about the best performance I have seen Willie put on. He has been healing from hand surgery, and it seems to have made quite a difference in his pickin' and strummin'.
Its awesome how he gets the crowd into his songs, and I definitely love his closing numbers of "I'll Fly Away" and "I saw the Light...praise the Lord, I saw the light..."
We waited outside the bus to see if he'd come out and take a picture, but no such luck. I did get to enjoy a Starbucks coffee while taking in all the NY-life.
I had a good time with my friend Joe. I had a good visit with Ira, Laura and Sophia. They were very kind to let me play around a few days. As I sat there looking at those blue eyes of Ira, I couldn't help but see the look of his father. He's a great kid, and I was honored to be his guest this weekend. I want to praise God, and lift up His name for the love he has shown to his precious children... the Hays family.
Now for some pictures:









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home